I'm really trying to catch up on my blogging! Usually I am out of the apartment from about 8:30 in the morning to at least 10pm, usually later. This means I have not had much time to blog, post, or do anything except fall asleep once I'm home! haha I will also continue to add pictures after I publish these posts as I recieve pictures other people have taken also!
This is a picture of one of the entrances to Siena. The main center of the city is surrounded by walls like this, with a few entrances around the sides. In the Medieval times, Siena was used as a fortress to protect its citizens, mainly from the battles between the different regions of Italy.
This view! It's Siena from a lookout near the train station.
A few girls and I went shopping one day and I found a super cute dress that was not a dress... While I was trying it on, I found 3 holes in the bottom: 2 for legs and one for business. It was just super funny and had to be documented!

Accordion player along the streets of Siena

I found a kitty hat similar to Jack's and had to take a picture

This chalk artist worked most of the day on these two pieces and it was amazing to watch him! I was completely in awe.

Aperitivo is definitely one of my very favorite things in Italy!! Most bars have a selection of drinks to choose from (soft drinks, water, cheaper wines, beer, etc.) and a buffet of food that varies depending on the restaurant, all for €5! We go almost every night and it is the perfect size dinner! This is Belle and I at the Nannini on Via di Città .

Delicious food!
I walk past this almost every day and it still takes my breath away. I can't believe how churches like these are just such a normal sight all over Italy! I feel like they're the equivalent of Mormon churches in Utah...

So we found the only Mexican food place in Siena and ate there. It was pretty good for Mexican food in Italy! It kind of felt like a little taste of home for a bit :)

The Nannini next to Piazza Gramsci definitely has some of my favorite gelato and they always add a nice little cookie!

Also, Caprese salad is one of my favorite foods I make all the time in Utah, so I have tried it at a bunch of different places here. This is the best I have had in Siena so far at an adorable cafe called Carta Zucchero. It is also a little book shop with some study places and fresh made smoothies.

I forgot to take a picture before taking a bite... Delicious four cheese pizza at the Nannini by Piazza Gramsci for only €7, also with specialty Italian cheeses that would be way more expensive in the USA.

On May 22, we went to a restaurant called Vivace as a group. They make authentic Napoletane pizza that was delicious! I couldn't have asked for a better group to share this experience with and I am so happy we have such a great time together!!

Just so happy :D

On the same night, we went to the Bella Vista Social Club that has a Latin dancing club in the back room. It was so much fun to dance the night away in Italy!!




No comments:
Post a Comment